Dive Guide plus the Science of Diving program equals Divemaster. Divemasters can assist SSI Instructors with pool/confined water and open water training under the direct supervision of an SSI Instructor. This brings valued experience for all future diving carriers!
- Starting Age is 18.
- Be certified as an active SSI Dive Guide.
- Be certified in the Science of Diving Specialty program.
General Dive Professional Prerequisites and Active Status Requirements:
SSI Dive Professionals and Instructors must fullfill the following prerequisites for all Dive Professional Programs:
- Own a Total Diving System of Professional Type and Quality
- Maintain a current medical exam for scuba diving not older than 2 years and signed by a licensed medical practitioner.
- Maintain proof of current training in First Aid/CPR not older than 2 years.
- Maintain proof of being competent in emergency administration of oxygen. This shall include knowledge of the medical principles involved and practical use of an emergency oxygen unit not older than 2 years.